The safety and security of our fans, exhibitors, and staff, is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local, and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them, and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending MagicCon should be aware that the following are in place:
- Security may approach you to assist outside, at entry, or inside MagicCon
- Everyone must wear their MagicCon badge at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, fans (attendees), speakers, guests, artists, professionals, press, staff, and crew.
- Bag checks are in operation at our events
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTVs in operation at our events are monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert security guards and police are in attendance at our event
- Canine security and detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending MagicCon is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and don't leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or just out of place to MagicCon staff, security, or crew
- Remain patient and courteous with MagicCon staff and security undertaking security checks. We have your best interests at heart and want to get you inside the building as quickly as possible
- Follow the instructions of MagicCon staff at all times
- On the final day you're attending MagicCon, keep your badge as a souvenir or dispose of it inside the venue or when you've returned home. Don't sell it to scalpers who may be outside on the streets. Don't throw it away in trash cans outside the venue. Scalpers are sneaky and may attempt to upsell it to an unsuspecting fan who doesn't have a badge
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID at all times. This includes passports, drivers license, and government issued IDs.